[SD-User] SDC 10.14 oddities

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 13:20:03 EST 2004

Hi folks, I used SDC 10.14 in the Commonwealth Contest this weekend and
noticed a couple of oddities; I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has
observed the same effects.

1.  I worked the HQ station GB5CC on 40, 20 & 15m.  SDC flagged up
    the QSOs on 40m and 15m as earning bonuses, but not the 20m
    QSO.  I've edited the entry (re-typed the callsign, serial no and 'HQ'),
    to no avail.  Any idea why SDC isn't recognising the 20m QSO (which
    was my first contact with GB5CC) for a bonus?

2.  When using the keyer (driving LPT1) I noticed that the speed of the
    Morse was varying slightly when a string of characters was being
    sent.  I would estimate that the variation would be of the order of +/- 3
    or 4 wpm.  I didn't notice any variation during the sending of an
    individual character but it's probably not easy to tell at 25wpm.
    Running the CALIBRATE function made no difference.  I recall
    having observed the same effect on a release of SD that I never used
    'in anger' towards the back end of last year (just before CQWW
    CW?), but the effect had gone away in the subsequent release.
    Anyone else observed this effect?  My 'radio' PC is based on a
    100MHz 5x86 CPU with 64M RAM.

--
73, Martin G0HDB