[SD-User] Com port keying line

Steve Harwood g4owt at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 26 08:15:08 EST 2004

In message <000001c40e68$b9e50c40$c3794ed5 at mrevans>, G.W.Evans
<gw3wwn at onetel.net.uk> writes
>Been using Win 98, no probs.  Now on Me, the Com port (pins 4 and 5),  is
>enabled at
>boot up, 8.4v appearing on the keying line, doesn't happen in safe mode, and
>didn't happen on Win98.  Starting SD
>clears the line and all is well, and stays that way when SD is unloaded.
>But I have to disconnect the PC keying line to use the rig for general CW
>working.
>I know that this is not an SD problem, it's the PC, but I need the info from
>somewhere. Thanks.
>Wynne, GW3WWN
>gw3wwn at onetel.net.uk

I had Microsoft send me a fix for this have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q285/8/94.asp
I have the fix if you need it

Steve G4OWT
--
Steve G4OWT
email: g4owt at btinternet.com
Homepage: http://www.g4owt.btinternet.co.uk
Qsl Sub-Manager for G4A & G4H Series Calls