[SD-User] SD/FT1000MP/Microham Interface

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Apr 7 16:53:58 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin, G3PSM" <g3psm at ntlworld.com>

> 1)   Booting up SD into logging page with rig switched on enables
> frequency control on rig but switches rig into transmit.

I'm using the same MicroHam USB-RS232 converter.  I've done some
testing with a breakout box, and the o/p from the MicroHam unit
is exactly the same as the direct o/p from a serial port on the
same machine - laptop running WinXP.

On one occasion I got the same behaviour as Colin described above.
However, as soon as I used SD's keyer, the "key-down" went away
and everything was normal afterwards.  On other occasions,
SD started as expected with the rig already on (no key-down),
although SD's automatic calibration routine keyed the word PARIS.

The STATUS command showed the following
Radio-1 Keyer Port        COM5
Radio-1 Ctrl Port         COM5

Port Sharing Enabled      Yes

Please try it again, and use the keyer if SD starts with key down.
I expect this to clear it - you can let me know.

> 2)  Booting up SD into logging page and then switching on rig keeps
> rig on receive but disables FT1000MP keyer !

I tried this, and everything started normally.  I presume you
mean SD's keyer appeared to be disabled - and not the MP's
internal keyer?

73,
Paul EI5DI