[SD-User] WAE 2005

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Tue Aug 9 14:00:45 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Manfred Ockert" <m.ockert at bss-services.de>

> (CW QTCs) logging in cabrillo format- mode = PH

Thanks for the info - I'll have an update before the
weekend.

> writing qtc's: from time to call only with a TAB
>               from call to number TAB or SPACE

When recording QTCs, SD offers a single field of more
than 20 characters.  If you receive a QTC as follows
1123   DL1AA   23, this should be entered in the
single field as 1123DL1AA23 followed by Enter/Return.
SD separates the fields and logs them correctly.  If the
next QTC is 259A2BC1, SD will log this as 1125 9A2BC 001.

Of course, you can try "1123 Enter DL1AA Enter 23 Enter"
but the first option is easier and faster.

At all times, Enter is the preferred field terminator with
SD.  In general, TAB will move you to the next field, but
it delays logging (of QSOs or QTCs).  Sometimes, Space
will do the same as Enter, but you can't depend on it.
SD performs best when Enter is used after every field.

73,
Paul EI5DI