[SD-User] Rig Control Port Speed

Eugene Morgan g4aiu at btopenworld.com
Sat Aug 20 18:01:21 EDT 2005

Paul,

This is my first message to the SD users group.

I have downloaded your latest upgrade V11.34 - rig control port speed. My
previous port speed was 9600 and it worked every time.

When I try to change the port speed now on V11.34 to 57600 (max for my rig)
I receive a message that the port speed has defaulted to 9600. What am I
doing wrong?

I am running a Yaesu FT-847 ( requires a null-modem cable for CAT control)

P3 600Mhz computer   K1EL Winkeyer

I have reverted to the 9600 bps and there are no problems - but I would like
to try out the 57600bps speed.

I was introduced to SD in March this year and it has revived my enthusiasm
for Amateur radio. Also I entered the July IOTA contest using SDI - and
thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Thank you very much for two brilliant programs.

Regards

Eugene / G4AIU