[SD-User] SD - SDX

Pa0jnh at cs.com Pa0jnh at cs.com
Wed Aug 9 06:25:53 EDT 2006

Dr OM

I use SD and SDX for a long time, now up to version 13.07.

1.
I use the programs under windows XP with a FT1000MP MK V. via a serial
channel (COM 4: USB to serial convertor) for frequency display.
When the SD or SDX program is running for a long time (some hours) it
sometimes happens the the communication between SD/SDX and the FT0000 stops. This can
be seen: a. no interrogation of the FT1000 and b. no frquency display in
SD/SDX.
This happens (as far as I can chaeck) after a band-change in the FT1000.
Entering the command LINK does not change the situation. The SD/SDX reports a
switch off of the communication, because the program did not see the
interuption in the communication.
Entering a second command LINK reports the start of the communication, but
the communication does not start....
Only a complete switch of (command END) and restarts automatically restarts
the communication between SD/SDX and FT1000.
My conclusion is the the command LINK does not completely restart the
communication (initialisation of the COM-ports ? ), as is done by a restart of the
program.

2. SDX version 13.07.
After a start-up and entering Y on the first page after "Next Page", the
second page is shown with the mode-selection. However the after the "Y" the screen
is not cleaned. The second page overwrites the first page......

I hope you can repair these things.

73

jan hoek, pa0jnh