[SD-User] SD 12.14 in RDX

iz2eju iz2eju at libero.it
Sun Mar 19 12:53:53 EST 2006

Hi to all ! I have used last release of SD in RDX contest; only few QSOs.
Anyway, I have found that ESM works smoothly, both in RUN (we already knew it !) and in
S&P. In this mode, I had some trouble only with Russian stations, after sending my call with first Enter key, if they asked me to repeat, having the exchange field already filled by SD, I had to use F5. I found very useful that being in ESM doesn't affect normal use of F-keys. No rpoblem at all with all other stations, whose exchange field was empty.
With my setting (100 W and multiband vertical) "CL ?" is the rule !
I also noticed that not ESC doesn't stop sending immediately, maybe that sending from PC to Winkey is too fast, and when I hit ESC the message has already gone; also here, it is not difficult to change habit, and hit the paddle instead the ESC key; doing so, puts your
hands where they probably need to be, on the paddle to correct the message !
Well, now that we little pistols that use to S&P have our ESM, I must say, honestly, that
using F-keys was not so bad or much slower, we had to use only F5 and F6, two keys... but I would not turn back to pre-ESM-in-S&P-era !
Finally, what I think about SD 12.14 ? GREAT !
Thanks to Paul for his work !
73 from Rik IZ2EJU