[SD-User] FT2000 and serial communication

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Fri Nov 24 05:47:52 EST 2006

---- Original Message -----
From: <Pa0jnh at cs.com>

> I now use a FT2000, in stead of the FT1000MP MK V, with the SD and SDX
> programs. This transceiver has all HF bands and 50 MHz.

> I have used the FTDX9000.SD as interface. I did not find
> a FT2000.SD interface. Will that come?

Yes, I'll add a separate control file for the FT2000. The
fact that it's working with the FTDX9000 file shows that the
two rigs have similar, if not identical, comms parameters.

> A. My results:
> 3. Band indicator (in edit line, where you enter a new QSO)
> does not show 6m, other bands are ok.

SDX (but not SD) should show 6m.  I'll check this.

> The mode below the edit line will show CW or SSB. Other modes
> (e.g. AM or FM) are not shown.

SD and SDX provide direct support for CW and SSB only.

> To get the communication running I had to set the RTS in
> the FT2000 to OFF via Menu: 029 CAT RTS.

Thank you for the information - I'll add it to the manual.

> It sometimes (not often) happens that the frequency display
> in the SD-programs stops.

> It seems that there are two ways to stop the read-out by
> the SD program. One normal stop and one unxecpected stop
> e.g. due to a wrong answer of the transceiver. In that case
> the SD program does not automatical do a retry after an
> initialisation of the serial channel. It seems that a part
> of the program comes in a dead loop.

Please let me know if this ever happens with V13.09?  I did
some work on this recently and hoped that it was fixed, but
perhaps not :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI