[SD-User] Using SD with RigExpert Plus

Peter Sargent radioham1 at v21.me.uk
Tue Sep 19 04:12:41 EDT 2006

Hello Group,
Before I installed RigExpert Plus I was able to use SD with SerialCom port 2 and a home brew interface.

The Plus version of R E has a built in Winkeyer 1 and  RigExpert Plus is a USB device. THe software installed is MixW ver 2.17.

To minimise installed equipment I dispensed with the home brew interface hoping to simplify operating.(kiss)

Within MixW there is a facilty to link to other programs. I can open SD but not use it.

If I run SD direct from the root directory (C:\SD) then it means I will have  to re install the home brew interface. This is what I want to avoid.

It was only after that I had setup R E plus that I found that I was no longer able to use SD.

THe info supplied with R E Plus isn't helpful at all so I joined the Yahoo MixW support  group. That has drawn a blank as well for solving the problem.

If any reader of this problem can help please I will be delighted to hear their views.

73 de Peter G0BJJ