[SD-User] Rig control

Ian Greenshields ian.greenshields at gmail.com
Fri May 25 14:30:14 EDT 2007

Hi Paul,

For the Ten-Tec rigs (Jupiter, Argo, Omni VII), the command is *A (to set
the VFO A frequency (?A reads frequency). It's followed by a 4 byte binary
number to set the frequency in Hz, most significant byte first.

Example: *A <0x00> <0xe4> <0xe1> <0xc0> <0x0d> would set the A vfo to
15,000,000 Hz or 15 MHz.

My TT538.SD file works for all the above rigs and shows the correct format
for SD.

I've misplaced my Yaesu programming reference guide, but the FT-817, 857,
897 rigs have a similar issue. The set frequency op code is 01. The read
frequency code is 03, so looking at the FT897.SD file, the set frequency
command would be the same as the read frequency command with the last
character replaced by 01, not 03.

I think the Icom rigs have a similar issue. The Kenwood rigs, and rigs that
use a similar protocol, do work with SD as I think the set frequency & read
frequency command is the same.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of SD, but the ability to add a
'set frequency' command in the appropriate rig control file would probably
be the easiest to implement. I can test & update the Ten-Tec & Yaesu files
here.

73 Ian G4FSU