[SD-User] TOP BAND CLUB CALLS

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Sun Nov 11 10:17:41 EST 2007

On 11 Nov 2007 at 14:48, Paul O'Kane wrote:

> >  1. Does anyone know how to open up the notes field to accommodate
> > the often long club descriptions ?
>
> Sorry - it can't be done in SD.  There is insufficient space
> in the QSO record layout to accommodate a Notes field.

Although you cannot use SD directly to fully log the contest, with a
little bit of ingenuity there is most definitely a way.

I had exactly the same problem with the Yeovil Fun Run contest which
similarly requires an exchange too long to fit in the SD field.
Answer - use SD, but abbreviate what you type in so that it does fit,
then write down any which don't fit on a scrap of paper. Then edit
these into the Cabrillo that SD produces with Notepad.

For instance, from the example given on the HFCC site:

'QSO:  1914 PH 2003-11-08 2000 G3GRS         59  001  G3RCV
59  002  CLUB   CRAY VALLEY RS'

You would enter CCRAYVALLEYRS which will fit in the 14 spaces -
change C to CLUB and put in the spaces and any extras afterwards.

See how I did this in the Yeovil Fun Run at
http://www.davesergeant.com/qrp/funrun.htm
In that case I wrote a BBCBasic program to produce the correct log
format directly from the SD .all file (works very nicely
thankyou...).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com