[SD-User] RUN mode

Howard Hoyt n4af at blountscreek.org
Thu Apr 3 13:09:03 EDT 2008

Hi Paul -

Yes, 14.0
I am aware of the keyboard control but it seems antithetical to have
the ability to switch to S&P via tuning and not have a way to switch
automatically to run ???
In the heat of a contest, that would take some getting used to.

Although I would prefer automatic RUN mode on F1/1 CQ,  shouldn't
there at least be a macro that can be inserted in the keyer memory for
CQ that will force the change ?

Perhaps there is something I am not getting, but it does not seem
logical  to have 'runrange' provide automatic S&P and not have it's
corollary to switch mode back to run WITHOUT having to find a key on
the keyboard ??
To choose a worse case situation- NA or EU sprint- where you switch
modes every other qso- why should the user have to find a key on the
keyboard ?

Seems you already did the heavy lifting with 'runrange' - setting run
would seem (a lot) easier to program ?

Thanks, Howie N4AF