[SD-User] SD-User Digest, Vol 62, Issue 9

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Wed Feb 20 09:22:24 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Ockert" <m.ockert at bss-services.de>

> my mistake ... use Num-keypad

With ESM, all that matters is the contents of messages
1 to 6.  Which message is played depends only on the
ESM mode ( Run or S&P) and the field the cursor is in.

ESM Run mode uses messages 1 to 4 - following Enter or Space.

1.  CQ
2.  Call + exchange
3.  TU + OwnCall
4.  Dupe message.  I work them, so I set it to the same
    as Message 2.

ESM S&P mode uses messages 5 and 6 - following Enter or Space.

5.  OwnCall
6.  Exchange

That leaves messages 7 and 8 to be used as you choose.

If you're not using ESM, you can have anything you want
in any of the 8 messages - but you must use either the
Function keys, or the numeric keypad to play them.

73,
Paul EI5DI