[SD-User] SD + WinKey

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Jan 24 06:42:18 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Ockert" <m.ockert at bss-services.de>

>> From: "g3pdh" <g3pdh at btinternet.com>

>> I have XP running with Microham Keyer 2
>> with 5.1.1 firmware plus SD 13.33 and also find that the
>> page up/down is not changing the CW speed although it changes
>> the CW speed numbers on SD.  Manual speed change works ok on
>> the Microham.

> do we have an option to (try) to debug it?  what to do -
> helping the programmer to fix the problem ?

What can I say?  It seems this problem may be related to
the user environment, and not directly to SD - the keyer
code has not changed for some time.  I know that SD works
with WinKey (including speed changes with Page Up/Down)
- I use it myself every day.

If your WinKey (in the MicroHam box) is linking to SD
and everything works except speed changes with Page Up/
Down, then manual speed change is a simple alternative.

Please confirm that WinKey is working in other respects,
apart from Page Up/Down speed changes.

For information, I use WinKeyer USB, purchased directly
from K1EL.  This has a direct USB connection, and needs
no external drivers or router software.  It also uses the
14-pin WinKey chip.  I don't know if it is significant,
but I believe most of the MicroHam units have the older
8-pin chip.

I'd like to hear from other MicroHam user who can tell
me whether Page Up/Down works.

73,
Paul EI5DI