[SD-User] Rig control crash problem

Paul Whatton paul at g4dcv.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 10:33:40 EDT 2008

Hi Paul & all

I have an IC-746 connected to my PC. Rig control is via a Prolific based
USB/serial adapter and G3ZLP CIV interface on COM3. I also a Winkeyer
USB on COM7. Rig control works perfectly with Ham Radio Deluxe.

When I enable rig control in SD on COM3 using PORTS the computer crashes
and re-boots. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of SD,
14.06b, but it has made no difference.

I'm using the SD IC746 config file and have edited SD.INI to change the
baud rate to 19200 the same setting as I'm using in Ham Radio Deluxe.

The computer has an E6600 core 2 duo CPU with 2Gb of RAM and I'm running
XP Pro SP3.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

73 Paul G4DCV