[SD-User] v14

IanSDavies at aol.com IanSDavies at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 17:57:43 EDT 2008

Winkey started up on the second attempt and appears to be normal but the  pot
now progresses the speed changes very rapidly with only the tiniest  turn of
the knob. Is this rate of change adjustable through SD or do I have to  delve
into Winkey settings or change the pot?

The oddity is that #E only works if I have tabbed through to the serial or
district code on the logging line. This would happen always with serial number
contests so it is not an issue. However where SD automatically enters the
district code (e.g.zone) I would not expect to tab through to the end.  However
if I don't tab through I have to depress Enter or one of the F keys  which has
#E in it. Not a big problem with F2 as I have to send an F3  acknowledgement
but it defeats the purpose of the #E with F6 message. I hit this  with the
Russian test but did not at that time realise what was going  on.

Another irritation is that with a call in the logging line if I  have
depressed tab to the end and want to return to alter the call by pressing  tab again
the cursor vanishes from the call field even thought I find  I can still edit
the call. A further tab makes it reappear in the RPRT  field and so on. It is
unnnerving to lose the cursor in the heat of a contest  even though I now know
that I can change the details of the call.

Nothing but moans from this guy!

Ian G3KZR