[SD-User] Slow CW

Danny Higgins danny.higgins at keme.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 15:54:04 EST 2008

I am a first time user of SD and I have downloaded V14.14.

CW sounds OK with sidetone ON, but with sidetone OFF the CW to the rig
is VERY slow (max about 20 wpm when the speed is set to max [70 wpm]).
I am using a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop with a 1.4GHz Celeron processor
with 1.24GB of RAM.  I'm using Windows XP with SP3 and keying through a
USB to serial converter.  I've tried typing PRIORITY but it is worse.
Anyone got any ideas?

27 hours to the contest - no software, no antenna and the station is in
bits - situation normal!

73 Danny, G3XVR