[SD-User] WAE Contest.

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Mon Aug 10 08:25:43 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "brian coyne" <g4odv at yahoo.co.uk>

> It was frustrating not to have any reference for QTC
> stations worked,

For DX entrants, the number to the right and above the
callsign field was intended to reflect the actual number
of QTCs available - taking into account the callsign
entered (if any).  For example, if you have already sent
7 QTCs to EI5DI, entering EI5DI in the callsign field
should display 3.  That's not working now, and I will
fix it.

> My logger was set at 30wpm. I tried, before entering
> 'QTC' to wind down speed to 24wpm using 'page down' On
> entering 'QTC' the message in the first window, ie QTC
> 12/10 was sent at 24wpm, however on entering the next
> window with the list to be sent the speed defaulted
> back to 30wpm.

Thanks - I'll fix that.

> I am confused by QTC rule (b) - does this mean the qtc
> receiving station should not receive his own call

That's correct - it's not implemented correctly in SD.

> I really could not figure what the block 'highligting'
> (page up/down) function in the QTC window was supposed
> to do,

It's not significant. Page Up/Down are not intended to
have any effect while sending QTCs.  The display should
not change.

> I have noted one or two logging errors, fortunately
> very few, but the question is if I amend them will
> the changes carry over into the QTC list in the cabrillo
> file?

No - you should edit the QTCs directly in your .LOG
Cabrillo file.

73,
Paul EI5DI