[SD-User] WIA RD Contest

davidvk2nu at virginbroadband.com.au davidvk2nu at virginbroadband.com.au
Mon Aug 10 17:08:40 PDT 2009

Thanks for the quick reply Paul

I've just checked the rules, and repeat contacts are allowed every 2-hours,
but the contest is not split up into 2-hours blocks (hope that makes
sense)!

i.e if I work VK5xxx at 10.14z on 80m, I can work him again at 12.14z, and
14.14z etc etc therefore simply restting the dupes every 2 hours will not
work, as I could work VK5xxx 1hour 59mins after the start of the contest,
then do a SETDUPE at 2 hours and work him again straight away without being
alerted he is a dupe (as an extreme example).

I assume there is no way to automatically handle this?? It's been a few
years since I've had a go in the RD contest, and from what I can gather
most VK domestic contests have similar formats now. It's a whole lot
simpler when you can only work each call once per band/mode!!!!

many thanks

David, VK2NU