[SD-User] SD 14.29: POLLTIME & LINKTIME settings don't stick

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Dec 20 14:44:44 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bert Hyman" <bert at iphouse.com>

> I set LINKTIME & POLLTIME both to 50, which seemed to work well enough.
>
> When I QUIT and came back later, rig response was very sluggish;

Thanks, you've identified a bug.  I'm holding the BPS (rig-control
bits per second) in an integer field, which has a maximum value of
32757 - lower than your required value of 57600.  This will be
fixed in the next update.

If your rig will accept a BPS of 19200, please use that in the
meantime.

Since V14.00, when SD starts, it calculates "optimum" values for
POLLTIME and LINKTIME based on your BPS settings.  This was done
to prevent users selecting inappropriate values which could stop
rig control.  Because of this bug, the values defaulted to 1000
and 500.

73,
Paul EI5DI