[SD-User] V14.16 Released

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Jan 1 06:20:32 EST 2009

V14.16        1st January 2009

WinKey - Callsign Type-ahead:
    Previously, if WinKey did not echo one or more
    typed-ahead characters, they were lost from the
    callsign, and were not logged.  The main problem
    was that keying and data entry were delayed due
    to WinKey error messages being displayed.

    Now, the only effect is that the "missing"
    characters are not included in the initial F2
    exchange message.  When the QSO is logged, the
    full "corrected" call is sent as part of the F3
    TU message - and is logged in full.

Contests with Country Mults:
    When QSOs are logged, the Score window appears
    immediately.  Previously, the window showing
    countries worked/wanted by continent for that
    band was shown first.  It's not wrong - just
    too complicated.  Thanks EA8CN.

SETDUPE Command:
    This resets dupe and multiplier checking. However,
    any edits of earlier QSOs upset both dupe and
    mult tracking.  Fixed.  Thanks LA6GF.

Stew Perry Contest:
    For distance calculation purposes, SD now prompts
    you for your grid square.  Previously, it took
    the default for your country (from DXCC.CTY).

    Your grid square is entered as 6 characters,
    although only the first 4 are used, and it is
    stored in SD.INI.

SDCHECK - ARRL SS:
    Fixed the ADIF option - Serial and State.
    Thanks VE1JS.

SD is free from www.ei5di.com.

If you know of other contests that SD might support,
please let me know - to pokane \at\ ei5di.com and
send me the rules, or a web reference to them.

If you find bugs, please send details to sd-user
\at\ contesting.com.

Some older versions are available from
www.ei5di.com/sd/vaults

73,