[SD-User] IARU HF Log File Problem: 599s turning to 59As?

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 16:34:20 PDT 2009

Used SDCHECK to create Cabrillo file for IARU HF test. Got some format errors from the robot, not a big deal. But lost 41 QSOs, all with errors like:

"X] QSO: 14049 CW 2009-07-11 1246 K3TN          59A 08     JH6RGY        599 45

Line ignored.?

I do not recognize '59A' as a valid RS(T)."

When I look at the log all I see are 599 for CW QSOs and 59 for SSB QSOs. When I look in the Cabrillo file created by SDCHECK, sure enough -- 41 CW QSOs have 599 changed to 59A. I edited by hand and resubmitted, but any idea what might cause this?

Thanks, John K3TN