[SD-User] Log Without Send on ESM? Simple Band Map?

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Wed Jun 3 09:43:33 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Greenshields" <ian.greenshields at gmail.com>

> ... it would be useful to be able log the contact without
> sending the pre-programmed exchange and without having to
> disable ESM & then re-enable it.

F12 will do it - it may be an undocumented feature :-)  I
haven't checked the manual.

> This led me to wonder whether it would be possible, when
> tuning the rig, for SD to pull a callsign down into the call
> entry field if it was already in the log or in the quick
> memory (i.e. saved for later or ignored).

Thanks, I'm working on it.  If you download SD.EXE V14.26b
from www.ei5di.com/sdexe.zip, you see that the Quick Memory
window has changed and is starting to look like a Band Map -
although it is early days yet.

I expect to be able to pull down a callsign, but only if
the callsign field is blank - otherwise rig control is
temporarily disabled at present.

> A quick F11,  - , or tune of the dial clears it if not
> needed. At a more esoteric level, the 'spots' could
> time out after 30 minutes or so to keep the map fresh.

>From my (selfish) point of view, the best option for
clearing a call is Esc.  A "tune of the dial" may not
be possible initially - since rig control is disabled
when the callsign field is not blank.

73,
Paul EI5DI