[SD-User] issue when creating ADIF file

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Sun Mar 29 01:09:48 PDT 2009

On 29 Mar 2009 at 7:40, trevor dunne wrote:

> HI all
>

> I am new so please go easy on me sorry if this has been asked loads of
> times. Basically when i use SD on any contest when i go to generate a
> adif file to import into my day to day logging program (logger32) the
> country info does not carry across so i have to manually update the
> country for each QSO.
>

> is this a bug or am i doing something wrong. I am using the latest
> version of both Logger32 and SD.

SD indeed does not include country information in its output ADIF file,
I believe this is by design. But any decent station logging software
should automatically determine the country for each ADIF import, XMLog
certainly does and you only have to manually set the country for any
the logger cannot work out from its country list. I am amazed if
logger32 does not do this, maybe there is a setting somewhere you have
got incorrectly set?

I have imported loads of SD ADIFs and ADIFs from elsewhere and never
ever had this problem.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com