[SD-User] SDV: editing/completing Log after contest

Klaus Brosche dk3qn at onlinehome.de
Mon Nov 9 09:03:03 PST 2009

Hi Paul and Les,

Thanks very much for your fast reply.

It's the first time I've used SD/SDV in a contest and thus I'm far
from being
an expert in using SD.

I've played around with a test file this afternoon in order to see
how I can
get rid of that one QSO and 'freeing' the serial number for the next
valid
QSO to be entered in 'Post' contest mode from my paper log.

Findings:

If I load the contest file into Notepad I can delete that one QSO
(the complete
one line detailing that particular QSO).

Then I save this file (under the same name).

Then I open the file from SDV, go into 'Post' mode, enter the
appropriate date
(08-11-09) in the then opening window and then start entering the
remaining QSOs from my paper log in the QSO screen, starting with
the time in UT.

I believe that's the process Paul has suggested as another solution and
it looks ok with my test data (for sure I'd made a copy of all
original files before
starting my trial session).

@Paul: re. the 'ZAP' command: what is the reason why this command is not
available in SDV? It would make things much easier having a
possibility to
erase the last QSO if this was logged already by mistake but not
completed.

I am thinking of situations where SD (or SDV et. al.) is being used
in a multi
OP/single call environment where people are not so familiar with the
details of SD.

Logging a QSO by mistake can happen quite easily, as seen in my case.

What is your recommendation about how to deal with such a case in SDV in
a kind of stress situation where the next station is already calling
you?

Else, I like the 'simplicity' of the program very much. During the
Marconi contest,
the possibilty of entering just the locator in order to find out
where to head the
antenna to, was a great help.

Plus having the cursor already under the second digit when 'tabbing'
into the RST field (the 'S' value of the RST value) and needing to enter
only that single number if the RST is other than 599, is speeding up the
data entry process a lot, or, seen the other way around, saves some
unnecessary digit entries and contributes to making life less
stressful in
a contest.

I like the program and will make a donation to you, Paul.
Please check your PayPal account later on <gr>.

73's and thanks to you both for your fast support.

Klaus, DK3QN