[SD-User] SD in OM-OK test.

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Nov 19 14:00:42 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Pratt" <g4ddx.ron at virgin.net>

> I had a problem with SD in the OK-OM last weekend and
> wondered if anyone has an answer.

Les G4OGB advised me of the problem a week ago, and it is
fixed for the next update.

This problem arose because of a "conflict" between the
large number of multipliers listed in the multiplier
window for OK/OM, and the need to truncate it to display
the QSO Rate window,

> About an hour into the test, it may have been doing it
> sooner, after inputting the call I found that the curser
> would disappear

It happens once two or more QSOs have been logged, when
the callsign field is non-blank and the time, in seconds,
ends in 5 or 0 - corresponding to the time SD updates
the QSO Rate window.

> After frantic pushing of keys I found that the delete
> (-) key would return the cursor

I found that tabbing three times would restore the
cursor for another 5 seconds, and preserve the callsign.

> My concern is with CQWWCW though tests show no problem

No need to worry - it's not an issue in CQWW :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI