[SD-User] SD and windows keying

DAVID BUTLER g4asr at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 18 03:28:50 PST 2010

Quote: "SD integrates with WinKey to eliminate CW timing issues caused by Windows."

I haven't tried this yet but why can't I use SD to drive the built-in keyer inside my FT-2000 to eliminate
CW timing issues caused by Windows. Or is it a little bit more complicated than this.

I only ask because as far as I can tell Winkey is a stand-alone keyer - and theoretically so is the keyer in the FT-2000.
Furthermore I can adjust all sorts of CW parameters within the menu system to integrate with SD, can't I?

Also are the CW timing issues caused by all versions of Windows.  Is it the same with Windows7?

73 David G4ASR