[SD-User] S&P operation

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Mon Feb 22 13:09:54 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars Nordgren" <lars.nordgren at fro.se>

> Send own call: Works fine in the call field. But when
> I work a worked station in a new band, I have to look out.

When in S&P mode, the rule is simple :-)

When you're in the Callsign field, Enter sends your call.
When you're in the Exchange field, Enter sends your call,
but only if the exchange is blank - otherwise SD thinks
you have entered the exchange and are now ready to send
your exchange.

The problem arises because SD pre-fills VE provinces
and the state/province of any station worked previously.

This is a clear conflict that I can't resolve.  The
solution is to use F5, when appropriate, to send your
call.

> I use an ASUS netbook. While the KB is so small I have
> tried an extra USB-KB.

All USB leads used while transmitting should have an
integrated RF choke.  I had a similar RF problem with
WinKey until I changed the USB lead.

73,
Paul EI5DI