[SD-User] Problems setting up latest version SDC config

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sat Mar 13 02:07:02 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Graeme Caselton" <gcaselton at yahoo.com>

> Just downloaded SDC ready for this weekend.
>
> Ran program for first time and when entering radio 1 cw port
> as 5 and control port as 4, I get "com port 4 [and 5] does not
> exist or is busy".

To test this I downloaded SDC from the website, to an existing
folder.  I got the same error message when I tried the PORTS
command.

I then downloaded SDC to a new folder (specified during
installation).  The version number is 14.31.  That worked.

I tried it again to a second new folder, and that worked.

I can't explain why it doesn't work in all circumstances,
but I'd recommend you download it again to a new folder,
and try again.

73,
Paul EI5DI