[SD-User] CAT Control for TS570.

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Mon Feb 14 22:03:55 PST 2011

On 14/02/2011 22:31, brian coyne wrote:

> I have one of these rigs and would like to use CAT control with SD.

> I have read however that this rig will not key properly through the CAT control.

Rig Control and keying are two completely separate
functions in SD - they don't depend on one another
in any way.

SD's internal keying can use either serial or
parallel ports (if your PC has them).  However,
WinKey is recommended - it guarantees smooth
CW, especally with recent versions of Windows.

Rig Control requires a serial port, or a USB to
serial converter, then a level converter to suit
the rig - unless the rig already has a serial
input for control.

73,
Paul EI5DI