[SD-User] SD setup for ARRL Sweepstakes?

Bert Hyman bert at iphouse.com
Sat Oct 27 10:12:43 EDT 2012

SD 16.04
Windows XP Pro SP3

It's probably age-induced brain fade, but I'm somewhat confused about how
to properly set up SD for the upcoming Sweepstakes. The fact that I laid
off contesting for a while probably didn't help.

Going through the initial dialog, I'm asked for my exchange, but that
doesn't seem to get propagated anywhere.

Doing a few simulated S+P contacts, while my call is sent correctly, my
exchange is sent as 5NN <serial #>.

Manually editing the strings in SD.INI for MSG1-MSG8 sets things right,
but should that be necessary?

Maybe I just entered the exchange in the setup screen incorrectly; what's
the correct format?

Bert - W0RSB	bert at iphouse.com