[SD-User] Problem with distance measurements

cakewalkjohn at gmail.com cakewalkjohn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 12:29:44 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Is it just me, or is there a problem with the bearing & distance feature?  I downloaded the latest version on Friday, so I could try the software on the IARU contest - my first attempt at electronic logging - and it went well.  HOWEVER, I noticed during one qso that it said Russia was 79 km away!  I then watched what it said: Belarus - 179km; USA-1696km.  I’ve tried switching to miles but that gives 14.2…. miles to Russia!  I could walk to Russia easily on that basis.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this, as SD seems to be a nice, simple, program for my sort of casual contesting.

73 de John, G4FPA.

Sent from Windows Mail