[SD-User] Next Steps for SD set-up

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Tue Jan 13 12:57:12 EST 2015

On 13/01/2015 17:25, Joseph L Pontek Sr wrote:

> Just for S&G's, I brought up my V17.53, hit esc to clear the current
> contest, hit enter
> and I got the contest I just cleared and 'test' that I had used as a
> check, but no other
> contest templates came up.

That's not how to display the templates.

Contest templates and contest file names are two different
things, and are not (or need not be) related.

For example SD has one template for the Marathon - it is
"FOC Marathon", but you can give your contest log any
name you choose (up to 8 characters).  A good choice for
the actual contest would be FOCMAR15 - where 15 represents
the year.  For testing purposes, a good name might be
TESTFOC1, or anything else you prefer.  This is the name
that SD looks for you to enter at startup.  Note that
the name defaults to the most recent name you used, on
the assumption that you might like to continue with
that log.

To force SD to start a new contest log, give it (type)
a contest name you've not used before.  Since SD knows
this is a new name it will display all available
templates for you to select one.

> Gary Smetana wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> And Next problem.   I want to enter the Contest File name, for the
>> FOC Marathon.

After starting SD, type TESTFOC1 in the Contest Name field.
Assuming you've not used this name previously, SD knows
you're stating a new contest log and displays tall contest
options.  Select "FOC Marathon".  SD will automatically
load the correct members reference file (in this case
FOC-SD.LST).  All you have to do then is log QSOs.

73,
Paul EI5DI