[SD-User] last nights UKEICC contest

PETER CLEALL peter.cleall at virgin.net
Thu May 28 08:58:21 EDT 2015

Last night  after 4 years of very happy use of SD, with only a few little
problems along the way, I had a "mare" of an evening.

When I was doing a pre contest tuning up , strong burning from the ATU ,
coil tapping switch burnt out, it's been suspect a couple of times this
year. Is now unusable.
Reconfigured rig and antennae,
worked one stn and SD logged the call.  Could not enter the next call. Then
I found SD had jumped to the line below the callsign entry line OVR was
grey with the middle letter flashing on and off. I could find no way to get
back to the callsign entry line. I had to use task manager to close the
programme. Then work the next stn and repeat the  switch off  reboot
process. Then during I was told my signal appeared to have  a "RF in the
shack" problem.
I wonder if these effects are inter-related. To try to separate out the
problems is the SD problem , my usage of the software,  problems on my part
or is it also an RF feedback problem.
Using version   V17.52

regards

peter G8AFN