[SD-User] Contest File Name length

Paul G3WYW paul at g3wyw.net
Tue Jan 26 15:52:05 EST 2016

Hi Paul,

Is there a possibility that you could allow more than 8 characters for
the contest file name in SD?

The old DOS based 8.3 File name character limit went out a long time
ago, and it becomes rather restricting to have to limit the file name to
only 8 characters when there are a lot of contests!

I notice that the contest template has 18 characters allocated to a
contest template name e.g. "RSGB 1.8. February" and the additional 10
characters would make a big difference for me in naming my contest logs
locally.

Any chance?

73 de Paul G3WYW