[SD-User] Idea for the Minus key

Richard Mortimore richard at gw4bvj.com
Mon Jan 25 15:30:07 EST 2021

Over the course of the last year I have had a lot of fun and success
with SD, as in the UKEI DX CW this last weekend. However, I must have
hit the Minus key in error on a couple of occasions, which is
devastating,  loosing the callsign, exchange info, QSO points down the
line including embarrassing UBN's  with 'Not in Log' for the stations
affected.

My idea if possible is for the _first push of Minus deletes the QSO_,
but a _second push of Minus re-instates the QSO_, then maybe a third
push deletes etc.  Just the chance to bring the QSO back could save a
lot of heart ache.

The problem is if you are running a frequency and you are focused on
getting the calls and subsequent serial numbers right, I have realised
when I have pressed Minus in error, you do not retain the info, the very
call you typed in seconds ago is not in my memory, I can recall the
prefix or country, but I can't remember detail.  If it was a call I
recognised its not as big a  problem, but more often than not, it isn't.
I think this would be a good solution.

73 Rich GW4BVJ