[SD-User] Downloading SD

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Tue Jan 17 07:30:49 EST 2023

A couple of users have been unable to download SD via the links at
www.ei5di.com.  An alternative, which may not always work, is to get SD
directly from www.ei5di.com/sd/sdsetup.exe

I have tested downloads with these browsers - Firefox (my preferred
browser at all times), Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.

1.  Firefox works for me - though it may be a function of my selected
Settings.

2.  Google Chrome - the links at ei5di.com do not work -
www.ei5di.com/sd/sdsetup.exe works.

3.  Microsoft Edge - www.ei5di.com/sd/sdsetup.exe gives the message
"What do you want to do with sdsetup.exe?"  Select Open - Select ...
(more actions) - Keep - Show more - Keep anyway

Regardless of which browser you're using, Windows Defender may display a
green window saying "Windows protected your PC".  Select "More info" -
Run anyway - answer Yes to the question "do you want to allow this app
from an unknown publisher make changes to your device?".  The
installation will now start.

I have notified Microsoft that SD is safe.

73,
Paul EI5DI