[SECC] NAQP Advice?

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:44:13 -0400

> With NAQP coming up, anyone have any operating advice?
>
> AA4LR

Further reflections on W4AN's earlier recommendations (which are about
as complete as you'll ever find!)...

1.  Use your team!  SECC teams represent four mults. If you work everyone
else on both teams on six bands, that's an easy 24 mults and 54 QSOs!
[I have not done this well enough in the past.]

2.  Off times -- Summer afternoon absorption and low band QRN may
determine your best off times.  Be ready to take time off after the rush
of activity in the first hour or so if the bands are poor. I would NOT
take a long time off at the end of the contest. That's when 80 and 160
finally get quiet. And some of the guys out West don't even try these
bands until really late.

Gary
K9AY

--