[SECC] Vacation over, back to Retirement...

Mike Condon mcondon@ibm.net
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:08:26 -0400

Hi to all,
We returned home a little over a week ago from a long vacation starting in
early June.  The time was spent in Colo and Wyoming in the woods.  Had
great time, found an island in Yellowstone that had not been activated, and
put it on the air for USI.

Returning to GA, we drove 912 miles on Sunday, from Breckenridge CO to St
Charles MO, crossing Kansas enroute.  Yes, I like to drive.  That was the
second day of the GAQP.  I worked most of the home folks from 3 states
during that trip.  It was a hoot to be the only "Rover" not from GA.  As I
crossed the state lines, I would look for the GA stations I could hear on
20M, and make contact again with a new report from a New state.  The only
station I worked on 2 bands was Rick NQ4I on 20 and 15...  Big sig on 15!  I
hope this is legal in the contest rules... So if you see NE4S from CO, KS,
and MO, it was true.  I have a witness to this insanity, so I am sticking to
the story.
Sorry, I dont have a log to submit, I just got rolling with out preparation.
(30 lashes with RG8)  Just count me as one of the casual participants.

Well, back in retirement, and the work is piled high.  I am just now getting
to Hammy stuff.  Wait til next year, I will go to a rare place for GAQP and
clean up...

I had the list unsubscribed while away, so I will have to read archives to
catch up.  Hope all had a good summer, get ready for the "season" ahead.

73,

Mike, NE4S

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html