[SECC] NAQP Phone

Gregory and LeAnn Richard k4no@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 21:22:46 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0095A.744BB880

Just some quick thoughts about the NAQP Phone contest this weekend.

Thursday night at 0345, I was working KT0R
in MN on 15 meters. Dave was 5x9 plus and the band was pretty active.=20

10 meters was still open as well.  At the time,
the A index was 11, I just checked and the A numbers was 2 and the K was =
1.  10 meters may be open for moving mults thru the end of the contest =
or close to it.

15 and 20 baring a solar disturbance, will be open the entire contest.  =
The good news is we should have propagation to the NE which helps us run =
with the guys out west.

Call CQ Contest not CQ NA especially on 10 meters. There should be =
opportunity to work lots of DX and other Non US/VE mults. Remember that =
you CAN work DX stations in this contest for QSO credit.  If you use NA =
software, you just enter DX in the mult field.
You still have to get the operators name.

Practice "freindly CQ'ing" especially on 10 meters.  Its pretty easy to =
get guys to "help you out with a QSO" on 10. With the Novices and Tech  =
available there, the potential for available QSO's is greater here than =
any other band.

With the high bands open, 160 and 75 may become multiplier bands only.  =
I wouldn't expect to work too many guys out West on the low bands.

Several years ago, some guy in W0 finished in the top 10 and he had over =
500 Q's on 20 meters and all the other bands were basically multiplier =
bands.  Same strategy may work this year especially if we get E layer =
skip on 10.=20

Anybody other thoughts?

Greg K4NO

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0095A.744BB880

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just some quick thoughts about the NAQP Phone contest this =
weekend.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thursday night at 0345, I was working KT0R</DIV>
<DIV>in MN on 15 meters. Dave was 5x9 plus and the band was pretty =
active.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>10 meters was still open as well.&nbsp; At the time,</DIV>
<DIV>the A index was 11, I just checked and the A numbers was 2 and the =
K was=20
1.&nbsp; 10 meters may be open for moving mults thru the end of the =
contest or=20
close to it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>15 and 20 baring a solar disturbance, will be open the entire=20
contest.&nbsp; The good news is we should have propagation to the NE =
which helps=20
us run with the guys out west.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Call CQ Contest not CQ NA especially on 10 meters. There should be=20
opportunity to work lots of DX and other Non US/VE mults. Remember that =
you CAN=20
work DX stations in this contest for QSO credit.&nbsp; If you use NA =
software,=20
you just enter DX in the mult field.</DIV>
<DIV>You still have to get the operators name.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Practice "freindly CQ'ing" especially on 10 meters.&nbsp; Its =
pretty easy=20
to get guys to "help you out with a QSO" on 10.&nbsp;With the Novices =
and=20
Tech&nbsp; available there, the potential for available QSO's is greater =
here=20
than any other band.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>With the high bands open, 160 and 75 may become multiplier bands=20
only.&nbsp; I wouldn't expect to work too many guys out West on the low=20
bands.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Several years ago, some guy in W0 finished in the top 10 and he had =
over=20
500 Q's on 20 meters and all the other bands were basically multiplier=20
bands.&nbsp; Same strategy may work this year especially if we get E =
layer skip=20
on 10. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anybody other thoughts?</DIV>