[SECC] NAQP SSB

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:36:50 -0400

Hello all:  I was able to operate only the first two and a half hours
and the last two hours.  Band conditions seemed pretty good.  There was
QRN on 160, but I could hear more than I could work.  I think there may
be some problem with the feedline to my 80 meter ant, or maybe it is
just that I didn't shorten it so it would resonate in the phone band.
In any case, I heard NO activity in the contest above 3850 except for
two stations that had me QSY there.

Here are the results:

Band    QSOs    Mults
160        12          8
 80           2          2
 40         30        17
 20       141        42
 15         28        16
 10         37          6
ALL    250        91      =  22,750.  Computer says 4.44 hours.

I worked W4OC on 20 and 160; K4NO on 20/40/160; K4WI on 160 and Brad,
W4BPW in GA on 20 was my only GA QSO.  A prospective member perhaps.

Bill Barr, N4NX told me at the SEDXC meeting Tuesday that he will be
joining and contributing his points to the club aggregate score effort.

As far as DX is concerned, I worked V26WP, WH7Z, KH7FX, I1POR and
WL7EM.  The I1 was on ten.  Ten meters was great at the beginning of the
contest to Europe.  Too bad we didn't have similar conditions last
weekend for WAE.

Hope everyone has a good week.  Ohio QSO Party is next weekend.
73,  John, K4BAI.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com