[SECC] ARRL 160 M

Ed Sleight k4sb@mindspring.com
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 04:15:58 +0000

"John T. Laney, III" wrote:
I thought KV4FZ was unlicensed now after the Supreme Court
denied his application for certiorari from his license renewal denial.
Maybe there is an application for reconsideration pending.
In actuality, your learned Honor, what happened is that the Supreme
Court refused to hear his case, and the order of revocation stood. BUT,
the FCC, while all the litigation was going on, had to extend his
license by 1 year, thus, although he has been removed from the database,
he is legal to operate ( think this is the date I saw ) until midnight
of 31 Dec. 2000.

At that time he will no longer hold a US license, although he does hold
a couple of licenses in, I think V2 and one other country down there.
The FCC also ruled that he may not use those licenses to operate from US
territory.

73
Ed