[SECC] ARRL 160 test late addition

Hoeft, Roger V rvhoeft@intergraph.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:07:25 -0600

Had great fun in the contest.  Glad to work a number of club members.  Big
downer was that I came down with a cold Friday night and felt rather crappy.
Walked away from the rig at 0830, sat in the recliner just to clear my head.
Daylight woke me up at 630am local.  Felt better and rested up Saturday, but
by 0800 the band sounded like most everyone had retired for the evening.  Oh
well.

The big thrill was KH6DX calling me Saturday while I was CQing!!

Here's the numbers:  SOLP - 484 x 59 for a score of 57,643, just under 18hrs
effort.  Antenna was an inverted L, vertical element up about 70 ft.

Which leads me to my question.  Has anybody had experience with receiving
loops / antennas and a TS830S.  I plan on building a K9AY loop for the CQWW
effort and I'm looking for means to switch between the Rx and Tx antennas
(automatically, hopefully).  Thanks for any input.

73,

Roger,  KA9EKJ