[SECC] K4OGG IARU/WRTC

John T. Laney, III K4BAI@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:21:41 -0700

Hi:  Still frantically trying to catch up at the office and at home.
The call was S543J.  I did all the CQing on CW and Dave, K6LL did all
the CQing on SSB.  We each changed modes for new mults.  I had a
terrible cold and couldn't talk much.  It has now turned into a sinus
infection.  We thought we should try to equalize the time we spent on
each mode, and we pretty much did that, swapping off each hour.  We made
an unfortunate (but correct with the information we had) to take our
4-hour off period at the end of the contest, so we missed the good high
band opening at the end.  We did work K1VUT on 10 M on Saturday, but no
other US on that band.  We had a goal of about 3000 QSOs, 2000 on SSB
and 1000 on CW with about 10 hours of running each mode.  We had almost
1000 CW QSOs and almost 500 SSB QSOs.  We just didn't seem to be getting
out on SSB, or at least not well enough to get many answers to CQs.  The
numbers of stations calling were not what we had expected based on the
1996 experience in SF.  The European guys just didn't line up trying to
work the WRTC stations like we had expected.  Sorry we didn't do better
and let our supporters down, but it was not for lack of trying.

73, John, K4BAI, ex S534J.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com