[SECC] NAQP CW Teams

Ben Coleman Ben Coleman" <oloryn@mindspring.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:10:49 -0500

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:03:44 -0400, Gary Breed wrote:

>2.  GaQP helped you remember how to get to your hamshack.

In my case, GaQP reminded me how fun CW contesting can be (especially
when propagation is lousy and static is bad - CW with the narrow filter
on is easier to deal with than SSB).  Put me down for the part-time
team.

I don't have my score together yet (yes, I'm still logging on paper -
I've neither gotten the Linux-based logger written yet, nor gotten
DOSEMU running so I can run one of the DOS-based loggers.  Last couple
of contests, I've whipped up a quick data entry program in Clarion,
entered the QSOs, and then had the program generate Cabrillo logs, and
I'll be doing that for GaQP.  Meanwhile, maybe I can get DOSEMU set up
in time for NAQP), but I enjoyed GaQP.  It was fun, and something of a
new experience.  As a low-power station running wire antennas, I've
generally opted for search-and-pounce over sit-and-CQ.  This was my
first QSO Party operating from the 'target zone', and for once,
sit-and-CQ seemed to be a viable strategy.  It's a bit harder on the
voice (note to self: put "Voice Keyer" on the "want list"), but fun.  I
think I'll try for full-time next year.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn@mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively