[SECC] 2000 GQP - K4BAI

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:53:46 -0400

Hello all:  Thanks to everyone for your activity and support of the 2000
GQP.  As always, it would have been better to have more activity and
more mobiles, but it was a respectable showing and I hope everyone had a
good time.  Something that Ben, NJ8J, posted last week is so very true.
Those in Ga who called CQ got a number of callers.  If some just
answered others CQs (search and pounce), they may have been a bit bored
since not too many stations outside Ga called CQ GQP.

Conditions were generally not real good, especially for DX, but there
were number of DX stations who hung in there and made a lot of GA QSOs,
like LY3BA and ON6NL.

I hope next year I can do the mobile bit again, maybe with my own mobile
setup.

Here is the claimed score for K4BAI:

Single op, All bands, high power, Muscogee County.

About 17 hours.  (about 1 1/2 hours off due to a thunderstorm Sunday
afternoon and another 1 1/2 hours for church.)

Band    CW QSOs    Phone QSOs
80              28                      1
40            127                    35
20            163                  338
15              56                    60
10                9                    28
TOTAL    383                  462       =    845        x    100   mults
=

122,800 points final score.

FT1000MP, AL811H, 500 watts, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com