[SECC] NAQP CW Ops needed

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr@radio.org
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:34:59 -0400

On 7/31/00 12:23 PM, Gary Breed at gary@noblepub.com wrote:

>Teams so far...I will submit the final list about 5 p.m. Friday.

I can't believe that the SECC, with its 70+ members can't fill out 2
5-man teams for a 10-hour CW contest.

NAQP is an easy, fun contest. You don't have to get on the full 10 hours.
Even 1 or 2 hours can net you a cozy score. And besides, it's fun.

You don't need full sized monobander stacks in 4 directions. Respectable
scores can be achieved with modest antennas (dipoles). Since everyone is
at 100w, not having an amplifier doesn't hurt, either.

NAQP is a good way to brush up your contest technique. Moving multipliers
is key, so it's a great contest for practicing with two radios (if you
have them). Even if you don't take it too seriously, it can be a
beneficial experience.

NAQP is a great warm-up for the coming contest season. Help Gary out
here. Even if you can only commit to an hour or two, sign up for a team
and get on the air. It's a shame that the TCG can get 4-7 teams together,
and the SECC can barely field two.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com