[SECC] Field Day

Jay Pryor jpryor@arches.uga.edu
Fri, 09 Jun 2000 08:23:53 -0400

Hi Group!

One week from today we will be going to the shores of beautiful Lake Lanier
and setting up for Field Day! Plans are for two stations, one on CW and one
on phone.  Everyone is invited -- family members are welcome.

We'll try to beat last year's score of 2,035 QSOs and 6318 points.  Dick,
K2UFT is supplying the generator and Jim, AD4J is supplying a radio.  The
QTH is an air conditioned cabin.  We will set the generator outside and run
power lines inside and operate in cool, bug-free comfort.

We welcome anyone who wants to show up -- for an hour or for the duration.

Here are directions from Atlanta:

Go north on GA 400

Exit on 306 and go right to the 4-way Stop (at Hammond's Crossing)

At the 4-way stop go right on 369

Follow 369 across Brown's Bridge

2.2 miles past Brown's Bridge (large metal bridge), go left on Cherokee Trail

Look for mailbox 4261 on left.

Turn down the road at the mailbox and follow the asphalt drive
(don't stop at the big new house on the left -- that's not us!)

Go through the metal gate when the asphalt runs out and keep going until
you reach the cabin. The road circles around the cabin, so if you make it
to the gate, you will have no problem.

Phone number at the cabin: (770) 532-0547.

Let me know if you have questions.  Send an e-mail, or the work phone is
(706) 542-8145; and the home phone is (770) 396-6660.

Pictures from last year:  http://sedxc.contesting.com/

73,

- Jay/K4OGG

--