[SECC] UBN Phone SS

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr@radio.org
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:09:56 -0400

On 6/8/00 10:16 AM, Jay Pryor at jpryor@arches.uga.edu wrote:

>I had 426 raw QSOs, 417 valid, and an error rate of 2.1%.  Six exchange
>errors, two busted calls, and one bad cross check.  On the other end, there
>were 8 busts in other logs for a rate of 1.9%.

My results weren't quite as good.

I had 249 raw QSOs, with 1 marked Dup. I busted 9 QSOs, giving me an
error rate of 3.6%.

I had four busted calls. Check them out and see if you notice a pattern:
W3WT is a busted call.  The correct call is K3WT.
W0OU is a busted call.  The correct call is K0OU.
K9LZ is a busted call.  The correct call is W9LZ.
KB0S is a busted call.  The correct call is AB0S.

Hmm. This is a good reason for having UBN reports. Now that I know I have
a problem, I'll strive to fix it.

The exchange busts weren't my "fault":

QSO #78 W4MYA : M 58 Va should be U 58 Va
QSO #88 N2QT : A 70 Va should be U 70 Va
QSO #171 W5GAD : B 56 La should be M 56 La

I was using a piece of paper to keep track of categories other than A, B,
Q. Obviously, I messed up transcribing one of them, and two others I
simply forgot to write down.

I lost two more in the cross check. One was NIL, the other was a bad
number.

But the most interesting thing involves busts found in other logs, calls
have been deleted to protect the guilty:

AA5LR is a busted call.  The correct call is AA4LR.
AA4LA is a busted call.  The correct call is AA4LR.

QSO #968 AA4LR : A 35 Ga should be A 75 Ga
QSO #211 AA4LR : A 35 Ga should be A 75 Ga
QSO #300 AA4LR : A 35 Ga should be A 75 Ga
QSO #707 AA4LR : A 65 Ga should be A 75 Ga
QSO #1 AA4LR : A 77 Ga should be A 75 Ga
QSO #516 AA4LR : A 94 Ga should be A 75 Ga

QSO #54 AA4LR : M 75 Ga should be A 75 Ga

QSO #379: Received QSO# 277 should be 237 AA4LR

Number busts found in other logs = 10 (4.2%)

Six, a full 60% of the busts came from the check. NONE from the section.
One each from the number and precedence. And a couple of busted calls.

I wonder what I can do to better communicate the check. I always say
"Seven-Five Georgia". Obviously that's not working.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com