Fw: [SECC] Comments requested.

John T. Laney, III K4BAI@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:55:40 -0700

I agree with Greg that the CQ contest checkers profess to only penalize
and disqualify entrants in contests by a reasoned, human thought
process. This is the way it should always be.

However, ARRL is attempting to make the logchecking and penalizing
completely automatic and computer done.  This is directly from N6TR.
They have tried to develop a log checking system that will do it all by
computer and they do not purport to review with human eyes before
penalties are imposed.  I do hope that they would review the log by some
knowledgeable person before any actual disqualification.  But their
attitude is that if the computer throws out a good QSO and adds penalty
deductions for it, on average they will have not thrown out one that was
bad, so it evens out and the human judgment need not be involved.

And that is correct most of the time (but not always).

73,

John, K4BAI.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html